Thursday, December 30, 2004

How am I supposed to give a new topic EVERYDAY?

At my bus stop today, I happened to notice a big bright star that hung right above a shop that I passed by everyday...twice. "Merry Christmas" was written on it and it just occured to me that is has been 5 days since Christmas, so probably the Big bright star was hanging there since 5 days and I had not even cared to notice it. Too Bad. I chided myself on behaving like a robot [ trained to go to the bus stop and back] and not look at my super-human mumbai surroundings.

Read "five point someone" and its an absolutely fantastic and hilarious book. Started reading it in the local train on my way back home. Just 3 pages into the book and I was laughing loudly with all the fellow "inmates" of my compartment looking at me as if I was from Mars :) But the book is just outstanding in its narration and you feel so much a part of the story. well, I felt extra close because of the "Neha" character :)

Have started reading "Veronika decides to die". Lets see why.

Plan to catch up on TV on new year's eve like I used to when I was in boarding school. It would be such a big affair- getting to watch TV the whole night.We would come and sit in the TV room a little before 10pm so that we caught just the right places. It was difficult to get a good view of the TV when you are sitting 6 ft below it....but that rarely was a concern for those woh missed the "right" places :) we would be just happy to get a glimpse of the long forgotten "DD Metro". And now I come to realise how much I miss school.Every small thing excited us...


7 comments:

Highwayman said...

Well you are spot on regarding five point someone.It really is a gripping tale of almost any collegite. Even i could relate to quiet a lot of incidents.
The idea to watch TV on new year seems pretty cool...as in I too have to look for similar kinds of options.

will write more later...

Gaurav said...

Hmm...nice way to celebrate New year..atleast u r in a better position than me...
i had a lot options two days back..and now i dont even know where i will be tonight!!

Anywayz..FPS is brillaint stuff by Chetan Bhagat..and literally everybody can relate to one incident or the other..
Am giving the link of his blog..do check it..
http://fpstwins.rediffblogs.com/

Cheers

The First Step said...

Maverick,
It happens once in a while....a lot of options and then none. That's when "Contigency" Plans come handy ;)

What ever you do, Best wishes for that. Hope you have a wonderfull time, welcoming 2005

The First Step said...

highwayman, I am still waiting for the rest of it.

Highwayman said...

So I am back as promised!
You mention about your school..that too boarding.
It must have been quiet an experience...was it?
As in the 4 years of college that I spent as a hosteler were amazing...and there are so many incidents associated with those days.
Well I sure would like to read a few of your boarding days experiences...what say??

The First Step said...

Sure, Highwayman. Anytime. will keep looking for excuses to them over here :)

Gaurav said...

am i seeing a post coming in near future??