Monday, September 29, 2008

Ikea's lingonberry sauce

If anyone has had the lingonberry sauce at Ikea, they will understand my need to dedicate a post to it. :) I had the typical meatballs with lingonberry sauce the first time I went to Ikea. It was awesome. The favour is a little sweet,a little tart. I absolutely loved it.

Yesterday, I went to Ikea (for the second time ever) and after 2 hours and a Ikea blue bag full of beautiful little stuff, I headed straight into the restaurant and picked up a bottle of the lingonberry sauce. And the first thing I did when I reached home was , yeah you guess it right. Popped the bottle open and had so much sauce...that the bottle if half empty now :) I should have got another bottle :(
Anurag and my in laws loved it too...I can't wait to go back and get another bottle.

Btw, was going through the wiki site for lingonberry and came acorss the fact that its a wild fruit. I am wondering if i can find it anywhere where I live...:)
And in Russia, they are sometimes used as a mild laxative...woops :)

2 comments:

Highwayman said...

I didn't know it was already reduced to half....

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.