Friday, March 13, 2009

What sex is your brain?

Inspired by the "GenderTrap" manifesto from Change This, I took the BBC's SEX ID quiz. The quiz was good. Most of teh sections were short and sweet ( Except the emotions part which had some 21 questions - it kind of dragged on for some time).

The result was something that I expected.


As the image shows, i got a score of 25 tilted towards the female side. As I said, I was not surprised as though I am a female, I am not the typical stereotyped female. Not too emotional, too much self-ego, very practical.

The results also had a breakup of the score. In most of the parts, my scores fell into the balanced male and female traits. Except Empathising and Systemising and Verbal section where I was clearly in the female section. In the 3D Object section, I scored well below thw male and female average which explains the problem I have with understanding maps. I am the worst navigator in the world as anyone who has sat next to me in the drivers seat will vouch for.


One thing that amazed me is that the ratio of the length of your index finger and the ring finger can also give a clue of your sex. This is what the quiz says.

"It's thought that your ratio is governed by the amount of testosterone you were exposed to in your mother's womb. The ratio of the length of your index finger to the length of your ring finger is set for life by as early as three months after conception. Even during puberty, when we experience intensive hormonal changes, the ratio stays the same.

Men generally have a ring finger that is longer than their index finger, which gives them a lower ratio than women, whose ring and index fingers are usually of equal length.

Studies have found that men and women with lots of brothers generally have more masculine finger ratios."

I checked Anurag's and mine and clearly, his ring finger is way longer than his index finger while mine is almost the same. Hmm..pretty cool huh?

Has anyone taken this quiz? Do you agree with your results?

1 comment:

Deever said...

nitti, nice quiz, but.. me... 50 on the female side..yeh sab kya ho raha hai !