Friday, August 15, 2008

Migraine

I have this throbbing headache since morning, rather since yesterday afternoon. It just doesn't seem to go away. I skipped office today. Slept through most of the day. Everytime I would get up, i would slowly get up to see if its gone. And then the throbbing would slowly creep back in. I am so frustated, more so because I know that when this pain goes away , the other side of my head will start throbbing in another 2 days.

Its like clockwork, every month same pattern. One side starts hurting - lasts for 1-2 days and then after 2 days the other side hurts. And during these 2 days, I have about 5-6 head ache medicines - none of which seems to work.

Migraine is defines as "..is a neurological syndrome characterized by altered bodily experiences, painful headaches, and nausea. It is a common condition which affects women more frequently than it does men" Wiki.

[Update]I tried a cool compress and ginger...Guess what..My Headache is gone....Awesome!! No pill popping next time.

No comments: