Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I spent a total of about 5 days in Chennai and there was nothing that reminded me about the 10 years that I had spent there in a hostel. I was desperately hoping that at least the railway station would seem familiar. So while coming back I approached the station with a lot of expectations. But, nothing. It seemed like any other station in India and nothing like the station to which I frequented to for atleast 4 times a year for those 10 years.

The only place that brought back memories (just a little) was the college canteen of my sis’s college. It had the typical blue pest-o-flash in every other corner, the tumblers and other utensils arranged to form pyramids all along the canteen , curd rice being served in banana leaf and the awesome sambar that tasted just like my school mess which I miss so much now.

Out of the frying-pan into the fire. This adage very aptly applies to my trip to Nagpur from Chennai. If Chennai was hot, Nagpur is burning. Its 48 degrees here. I wonder how people manage to go out for work. I stepped out of my home at 6:00 in the evening (for the first time during the day) and had to run inside again for the fear of being boiled alive.
Have done a lot of surfing today after a long long time. Am looking forward to going back to work next week :)

No comments: