Saturday, May 21, 2005

So here I am in Chennai trying to beat the heat but failing miserably.

First and the foremost, I want to mention my first time ride in the low cost airline Air Deccan. I was quite apprehensive when I started from home to the airport. I had heard plenty of rumours like the Air Deccan flights always got delayed and that the window would open sometimes midair (hehehe). The simple printout which was the ticket didn’t help either. So, I had geared myself for some really nasty surprises. However, contrary to my apprehensions, everything was pretty smooth. Okay, so what if they don’t have some fancy check-in counters. Who wants these fancy things if we get to travel in a plane and also pay less. I strongly recommend taking your own food for the journey as the food that they serve is something next to pathetic. Anyways, all said and done, I think low cost Airlines are here to stay and I hope some more airlines like Air Deccan, Spicejet make an entry to make air travel affordable and comfortable for us.

What made the flight even more interesting is the cool bald dude who sat beside me… :)

So I am back to Chennai after about 8 years and everything is different. Okay, the summer is the same and we have to literally hibernate during the day. I can still manage to pronounce quite a few names of places in the first go like Nungampakkam. There is a place here with the name Butt (pun intended). But everything else is pretty different. Something that baffles me is the size of hoardings here. They are HUGE.

I would love to go to my School but I get it that its on the other side of town… So I guess I will have to skip the school plan.

One thing I liked about Chennai in particular is the way they have maintained the beaches here. All along the beach, they have some really beautiful resorts …some private and some open to public. Yesterday we went to one such resort, the MGM Beach resort and it was really beautiful. Something like the ones in Phuket. They have very clean beaches, awesome beachside restaurants. Beautiful cottages…and everything was booked solid for the next 3 weeks. :(

Will write more about my trip probably tomorrow once I am again in the hibernating mode.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the essay is very good, i really like ur infectious smile.
bye
tke care
rj