Friday, May 13, 2005

Met Ami outside the SEEPZ gate just by chance today. Decided to meet with Abishek and her for lunch. And when I finally reached Tunga Paradise, was surprised with the entire gang from Datamatics :) Met everyone after about 1.5 years. Although I had worked in my previous organization only for 3 months, the crowd there was very young and lively and we got along pretty well there.

Had a nice time recalling all those incidents from my early days in mumbai. My first train ride all alone ( my freinds had promised to call the police in case I didn't report for work the next day ;) My refusing to get on a crowded bus, my first ride on a double decker bus with me sitting on the first seat on the top floor and calling up all my Delhi friends and telling them about it :), giving lift to abput 7-8 people in the car that came to pick me up from office everyday before I revolted and finally decided it was high time I started using the public transport.

Ami and Abhishek have both gotten inot the IIM's, ahmedabad and calcutta respectively. I wish I had stayed there and going by the record, wud have managed to get into one of the IIMs ;0)


Finally, I am leaving for my 2 week trip to Chennai to meet my newly married sis and jiju. Will meet my fav cousin too, so am looking forward to some awesome days.

2 comments:

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Seepz..
Got back all those memories I had while I was working there almost 2 yrs back..me too used to like riding in those double-decker buses...hehehe

Anyway, nice post...hope u have good time after u meet ur sis n jiju

Btw, u in Datamatics??

The First Step said...

@arz000n,
left Datamatics some time ago...