Thursday, May 12, 2005

Well, cudn't keep up the promise of posting everyday. The training plan died a premature death. Before I cud begin the third day of training, I was called away for an assignment with my previous boss who after 8 months of seperation ;) still can't seem to do without me. Thank god that the assigment lasts only till tommorrow.

Just completed reading the book "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. This book is the author's first book and he also happens to be a doctor which I think is pretty cool. The book is pretty amazing in the detail to which the author has gone in his descriptions. Very sheepishly, I now accept the fact that there was so little about Iran that I knew before reading this book.

There was one time when I too aspired to be a writer. But going by the way I write this blog, I should be ashamed of even thinking of it. :) I am consoling myself with the fact that I am more of a storyteller than a storywriter. My expressions do most of the talking.

Now that I think of it, I have aspired to be many things. While my house was getting constructed, I aspired to be a construction worker. :) I must have been in 7th std then. I also wanted to be a doctor, athelete, swimmer, a painter but among all this confusion "the constrution worker" thought was pretty serious. :) All my childhood games had a special role for this person, though the only thing this character wud do was go to the construction site ( after a long walk) and eat and then come back home :)

1 comment:

Highwayman said...

Ma'am...I think you still know very little about Iran..because the Kite Runner talks of Afganistan , this is what I could make out form the first 10 pages that I have read of it ;-)
Anyways...construction worker seems pretty cool an occupation.
you still thinking of it???

Cheers...